Title: Lieutenant-General Ye Myint (BC.10310 OTS.31)
Ministry of Defence
Chief of Bureau of Special Operation - 1
(Kachin, Chin, Sagaing, Magawe, Mandalay)
Member of the State Peace and Development Council
Age: late 50s (as at 2008)
Married to: Dr Daw Tin Lin Myint
Retired: Jun'08 (refer to article below)
* Bureau of Special Operations No.1
BSO-1 of the War Office is responsible for ‘security, military, political, economic, and social tasks’ in
* Kachin State,
* Sagaing Division,
* Mandalay Division,
* Magwe Division and
* Chin State.
In 1988, Ye Myint served in the 59th BuRgt at Bawnatkyi (Southern Military Region).
In 1992, he was the Tactical Operations Commander No.1 and then the Deputy Commander of LID-88 in Magwe under Brigadier-General Hla Myint Swe – BC.10289, the Minister of Transport.
He commanded LID.101 and in 1994, he was promoted to Brig-General and became the Central Military Region Commander in Mandalay.
In November 1997, he was promoted to the rank of Maj-Gen and appointed member of the SPDC.
Contemporaries in Officer Training School were:
* Lieut-General Khin Maung Than, BSO-3;
* Lieut-General Maung Bo, BSO-4;
* Colonel Aung Thaung – BC.10307, the Minister for Industry 1.
Note: Than Shwe also served in LID-88.
The following report to BSO-1:
1. Northern MR, Myitkyina, Kachin State
2. MOC-21, Bhamo Station, Kachin State
3. ROC-Tanai, Kachin State,
4. ROC-Putao, Kachin State,
5. North-West MR, Monywa, Sagaing
6. LID-33, Ywathaung, Sagaing Div
7. MOC-3, Mogaung Station, Sagaing
8. ROC-Kale, Sagaing Division
9. Central MR, Mandalay
10. LID-99, Meiktila, Mandalay Div
11. MOC-6, Pyinmana Station, Mandalay
12. MOC-10, Kyigone Station, Mandalay
13. LID-88, Magwe, Magwe Division
14. LID-101, Pakokku, Magwe Division.
The former chief of Special Operation Bureau No.1 Lt. Gen Ye Myint was asked to retire by the junta supremo Senior Gen. Than Shwe following his son's suspected involvement in the controversial drug racket. However, the resignation directive to Ye Myint followed a major reshuffle in the military establishment.
These Generals continue to suppress, imprison and kill many millions of their own people.
This enables them to consolidate their power, allowing them to accumulate and secure their personal wealth.
FREEDOM and JUSTICE for Burma is crucial therefore, YOUR COMMENTS to complete the information is highly appreciated.
- ခင္ေမာင္သန္းမိသားစု Khin Maung Than and family (2)
- စိုးဝင္းမိသားစု Soe Win and Family (2)
- တင္ေအးမိသားစု Tin Aye and Family (3)
- တင္ေအာင္ျမင္ဦးမိသားစုTin Aung Myint Oo and Family (2)
- ရဲျမင့္မိသားစု Ye Myint and Family (5)
- သန္းေရြွမိသားစုThan Shwe and Family (14)
- သိန္းစိန္မိသားစု Thein Sein and Family (2)
- ေက်ာ္ဝင္းမိသားစု Kyaw Win and Family (7)
- ေမာင္ဘို မိသားစု Maung Bo and Family (3)
- ေမာင္ေအး မိသားစု Maung Aye and Family (4)
- ေရြွမန္းမိသားစု Shwe Mann and Family (6)
- ေအာင္ေထြးမိသားစု Aung Htwe and Family (2)