(Maung Bo, fourth from left)
Title: Lieutenant-General (BC.10337, OTS.31)
Chief of Bureau of Special Operation - 4 (Karen, Mon, Tenasserim)
SPDC MEMBER since 1997
Age: late 50s (as at 2008)
Married to: Khin Lay Myint
* Bureau of Special Operations No.4
BSO-4 is responsible for ‘security, military, political, economic, and social tasks’ in -
* Mon State,
* Karen State, and
* Tenasserim Division
In 1992, Maung Bo was a colonel and the Tactical Operations Commander–2 of the Northern Military Region in Myitkyina, Kachin State, under the command of Maj-Gen Kyaw Ba, one of the original SLORC members.
Maung Bo served as Deputy Commander in the Northern MR (1993-97) under Brig-Gen Saw Lwin – BC.8677, Minister for Hotel and Tourism and under Brig-Gen Kyaw Win – BC.10194, the Training General.
He commanded MOC-6 (Pyinmana) and in Nov 1997, he was promoted to Brig-Gen and became the Eastern Military Region Commander in Taunggyi, Shan State, and appointed a member of the SPDC.
His contemporaries in Officer Training School were:
* Lieut-General Ye Myint, BSO-1;
* Lieut-General Khin Maung Than, BSO-3;
* Colonel Aung Thaung – BC.10307, Minister for Industry 1 (1997-).
The following report to BSO-4:
1. South-eastern MR, Moulmein, Mon
2. LID-44, Thaton, Mon State
3. MOC-19, Ye Station, Mon State
4. LID-22, Pa-an, Karen State
5. MOC-12, Kawkareik Station, Karen
6. Coastal MR, Mergui, Tenasserim Div
7. MOC-8, Tavoy Station, Tenasserim
8. MOC-13, Bokpyin Station, Tenasserim
9. MOC-20, Kawthaung Station, Tenasserim
These Generals continue to suppress, imprison and kill many millions of their own people.
This enables them to consolidate their power, allowing them to accumulate and secure their personal wealth.
FREEDOM and JUSTICE for Burma is crucial therefore, YOUR COMMENTS to complete the information is highly appreciated.
- ခင္ေမာင္သန္းမိသားစု Khin Maung Than and family (2)
- စိုးဝင္းမိသားစု Soe Win and Family (2)
- တင္ေအးမိသားစု Tin Aye and Family (3)
- တင္ေအာင္ျမင္ဦးမိသားစုTin Aung Myint Oo and Family (2)
- ရဲျမင့္မိသားစု Ye Myint and Family (5)
- သန္းေရြွမိသားစုThan Shwe and Family (14)
- သိန္းစိန္မိသားစု Thein Sein and Family (2)
- ေက်ာ္ဝင္းမိသားစု Kyaw Win and Family (7)
- ေမာင္ဘို မိသားစု Maung Bo and Family (3)
- ေမာင္ေအး မိသားစု Maung Aye and Family (4)
- ေရြွမန္းမိသားစု Shwe Mann and Family (6)
- ေအာင္ေထြးမိသားစု Aung Htwe and Family (2)